I woke up one morning last week to a sign hanging in the entry to the kitchen that read:
Can you help me make strawberry napoleons when I wake up?
It was so sweet; I can't believe I didn't get a picture of it before it got repurposed.
Well, as you might know, strawberry napoleons are a rather sweet dessert, NOT a breakfast item.
But, yes, I am usually up for the challenge of turning dessert into breakfast, so here is what we did:
1. Bake puff pastry sheets.
2. Split baked puff pastry sheets (top from bottom) and cut into appropriately sized individual pieces.
3. Whip some cream (we use our vitamix blender for a quick whip) - leave it unsweetened.
4. Add some Dr. Oetker's organic vanilla pudding and mix with the whipped cream.
5. Slice strawberries into a bowl.
6. Set up your assembly line (assembly line cooking is always a perfect way to involve the little ones in any project - sushi, sandwiches, desserts like this!):