Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I never thought I'd say this...

But I am actually looking forward to cookie baking weather! That is, I am ready to get inside again, nest a little bit, and yes, bake some cookies!

Here's a photo I just ran across of me and my younger brother making cookies oh so long ago.



And now I am off on a search for that missing apron, one of my favorites from childhood, which has my absolute favorite recipe for mud pies on the front of it. After all, rainy season is nearly upon us here in Oregon and I think I am going to need that time-tested recipe.
Don't worry Alex, just because you are wearing it here doesn't at all mean I am blaming you for its mysterious disappearance from the apron drawer. At least not yet!

No comments:

Welcome! Here you will find simple recipes, inspiring ideas, personal stories, inspiration, and tools to experiment and explore the kitchen together.  So enter the family kitchen with absolute abandon, and begin your journey towards thinking outside the recipe!